Thursday 9 February 2012

New life

I recently made a couple of cushions for an old friend from high school. She was so sweet, about 12 months ago she found me on Facebook & had a look at my Sean the Prawn creations & decided to gift me a whole heap of beautifully embroidered doilies that once belonged to her mother in law. She was hoping I'd give them a new life & that is exactly what I did. I love doilies & have quite a collection now. I treasure their beauty & uniqueness, not to mention the thought of just how much love & dedication went into all those pretty stitches. So yep, it means a lot to me to give these treasures a new life, a new chance to be admired. Thanks lovely Jo for the doilies & I hope you had a great birthday.

5 comments:

willywagtail said...

So beautiful. At least your friend had the sensitivity to give the beautiful doilies to someone who will care for them lovingly. Cherrie
repinned on pinterest

deux chiens et un garcon said...

mmmm bliss Leah. and happy birthday to you both. soon non?
x

Cat said...

I have those exact doilies at home that I made when I was younger with the help of my grandmother, wow it was amazing to see someone else had them too. I really love how you put them onto cushions. :)

polkadotpeticoat said...

I love them....beautiful!

KristiMcMurry said...

How kind! I love the cushions you made with them. They look very dainty :)